PowerMTA Support Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

PowerMTA 5.5r1 is out!!!!  Please contact support@port25.com for a license and download access.

Author Topic: relay address  (Read 48435 times)

Willian

relay address
« on: March 26, 2013, 05:18:04 PM »

Hi everyone!
I have here the relay-address set to an e-mail address that should receive all the PMTAs inbound messages.
It happens that, I can see the message in the logs, it goes to a {default} vmta but doesn't go to the mailbox defined on the relay-address directive.
Is there any other directive that I should set up before receiving those inbound messages on PMTA and "forward" those to a single defined mailbox?
 ???
Thanks for the help!

Port25-Admin2

• Global Moderator
Re: relay address
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2013, 05:27:41 PM »

relay-address is for defining an address that PowerMTA accepts email for, from any IP address.  It is used when you do not want PowerMTA to accept email for any other address for that domain.  When using relay-address, PowerMTA accepts the message for the recipient address and then attempts to deliver the message to the address.  If that is what you want and it is not happening, then you have a delivery issue for the recipient domain.  What errors are you seeing on the delivery attempts to this domain?

Willian

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2013, 04:18:03 PM »

That's exactly what I want.
Forward those inbound messages for a single mailbox.
If I use the file pickup option, I can access all inbound messages. They are stored in a specified folder. I can see the message and it is logged on PMTA Console (Time it arrived, the mail from address)
But when I change all the config for relay-address, it stops to store messages in a folder, but it do not send to the mailbox specified, it is no longer logged on PMTA console and I don't receive any delivery error.
=/
This relay-address have any other directive, that work together?

Willian

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2013, 04:39:52 PM »

That's exactly what I want.
Forward those inbound messages for a single mailbox.
If I use the file pickup option, I can access all inbound messages. They are stored in a specified folder. I can see the message and it is logged on PMTA Console (Time it arrived, the mail from address)
But when I change all the config for relay-address, it stops to store messages in a folder, but it do not send to the mailbox specified, it is no longer logged on PMTA console and I don't receive any delivery error.
=/
This relay-address have any other directive, that work together?
Now, I have an error!
Bounce Category: routing-errors   DSN Code: 5.4.6 (routing loop detected);No DSN Diagnostic-Code available

Port25-Admin2

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2013, 04:45:39 PM »

The error " 5.4.6 (routing loop detected)" is returned by PowerMTA when you are trying to mail to a domain whose DNS points back to the PowerMTA machine.  To bypass this, make a route definition for the domain, specifying the IP and port that you want  PowerMTA to route the messages to (vs. using DNS).

Willian

« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2013, 11:09:50 AM »

Just for a test, the relay-address point to a hotmail.com account.
Unfortunately, it keeps bouncing the messages.
Where I can set this route setting for inbound messages?
I just have the relay-address option set.

Port25-Admin2

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2013, 01:34:17 PM »

The relay-address directive is for defining an address that PowerMTA accepts email for, from any IP address.   It is *not* for defining an address that PowerMTA forwards all email to, regardless of the original recipient.  We do not currently support that in PowerMTA, if that is what you are seeking. 

Willian

« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2013, 01:44:54 PM »

Yeah, you got that. This is exactly what I'm looking for.
So, I'll keep handling inbound messages as a file pickup.
=/