PowerMTA Support Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

PowerMTA 5.5r1 is out!!!!  Please contact support@port25.com for a license and download access.

Author Topic: How to reach Yahoo Inbox ?  (Read 38713 times)

fecdirect

How to reach Yahoo Inbox ?
« on: December 12, 2011, 10:50:39 AM »

Hello,

I am having this problem from long-time now.

For yahoo we are not able to reach the inbox folder.

We tried building reputation on fresh IP's, but still mail lands in spam.

Problem is filter changes dynamically, when you check for IP ( Spam/Inbox ). First test it goes inbox, next test it goes spam. IP does not remain consistently in inbox.

Can anybody help me out in solving this problem

Thanks
fecdirect

Port25-Admin1

• Administrator
Re: How to reach Yahoo Inbox ?
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2011, 11:00:21 AM »

You need to follow the basic steps of email sending:
  • When collecting emails, use an opt-in process to ensure only subscribers who want your emails.
  • Clean your list regularly of all permanent bounces.
  • Get on ever feedback loop and whitelist you can.  See here for more information: http://forum.port25.com/index.php?topic=56.0
  • When sending from new IPs, send at consistant rates for 4-6 weeks.  It may take shorter or longer depending on your reputation as a sender to warm the IP, but 4-6 is about the average.
  • Check the commands in my signature during a send and follow the advice of any URLs given in the output.
  • If all else fails, consider working with a deliverability expert, like Return Path.
Port25-Admin1
------------------
Try the following commands:
pmta show topdomains --errors
pmta show topqueues --errors
pmta --help

When PowerMTA won't start use:
pmtad --debug
When all else fails-->support@port25.com

fecdirect

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2011, 11:10:06 AM »

Hello,

Thanks for the reply

Just to clear, we are having double-opt-in mailing list, and it does not contain any bounce ids.

We have tried warming IP's in different manners, but output is same (ip in spam).

Actually we are focusing on the email headers these day, as rest everything is been tried. And we have following observation.

sometimes ip comes inbox if mailfrom and from address is different, and headers are different, but its not consistently inbox.

So please anybody having some good knowledge about headers, can help me in this matter.

Thanks
fecdirect

VIN786

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2011, 04:04:00 PM »

Hello,

Thanks for the reply

Just to clear, we are having double-opt-in mailing list, and it does not contain any bounce ids.

We have tried warming IP's in different manners, but output is same (ip in spam).

Actually we are focusing on the email headers these day, as rest everything is been tried. And we have following observation.

sometimes ip comes inbox if mailfrom and from address is different, and headers are different, but its not consistently inbox.

So please anybody having some good knowledge about headers, can help me in this matter.

Thanks
fecdirect
Please post your headers here, let's take a look.

Teneo

• Teneo ESP Services
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2011, 05:47:16 PM »

You need to build sender based reputation (FROM). If your users aren't engaged enough (opens / clicks) you will be dumped in the JUNK folder.

After a while of consistent sending good volumes, completely signed with DK and DKIM , you should not have issues