PowerMTA Support Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

PowerMTA 5.5r1 is out!!!!  Please contact support@port25.com for a license and download access.

Author Topic: 451 Resources temporarily unavailable. Please try again later [#4.16.1]  (Read 151025 times)

FMG123

Hi!. A question for everyone and specially the forum experts like Teneo and Calvin :) ... I'm seeing a lot more of these errors on yahoo lately. Does anyone know why they show up and what they exactly mean (and of course how to reduce them :) ). Thanks a lot in advance!!!!

FMG123

Thanks Calvin!. What is weird is that I'm not seeing any other errors on those IPs (no gl01s or TSs...). Just this "transient" error. Do you think I should back off on it? Thanks!

CaLViN

• Hasan Kurtoglu
    • PowerMTA Administration Service

If you are not getting any other errors,it is possible that yahoo is having problems.
Keep monitoring your logs then.

Professional PowerMTA Administrator - Deliverability Expert

Contact me for Consultancy needs!

VIN786

These errors are absent from our servers, wonder if you are sending any attachments and have you checked the hard bounces, are they more than usual, like bad email addresses?

VIN786

Yahoo has disabled a whole bunch of inactive users, I think it is about 7% and the last day for inactive users (to stay active) to login was July 15th, did you start seeing the errors after this date?

FMG123

Hi VIN786. No, it was not on that date specifically. It seems like a random thing. One day we see a lot of them and the following day only a few. Actually, when we see more, we also see a bunch more activity (opens and clicks). And the lists we send don't really change that much so I wouldn't say its a matter of name composition. A real puzzle ... As Calvin said, I think its more related to yahoo's mx's performance. Are you also seeing these errors?.