PowerMTA Support Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

PowerMTA 5.5r1 is out!!!!  Please contact support@port25.com for a license and download access.

Author Topic: Bounce's Affecting Reputation  (Read 33086 times)

bmcwhorter

Bounce's Affecting Reputation
« on: November 23, 2011, 10:32:19 AM »

Hey All,

I'm a noob and I looked around, but didn't see this question answered before (its quite possible I didn't look thoroughly enough).

I am wondering how much bounces will affect my reputation.  I am generally given lists that do not have that reliable of information and I find the number of bounces I get can be up to 50%.  How much will this affect my reputation?  I am unsure of how I will solve this problem in the future.  I can put these on my do not send list after I try them the first time, but that doesn't really help with me sending them in the first place.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.
-Ben

daniel

Re: Bounce's Affecting Reputation
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2011, 11:19:27 AM »

You should try delivering very slowly, and possibly mixing in your lists that have a lot of bounces in with mail that doesn't so that the total number of bounces is less.

bmcwhorter

« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2011, 11:36:49 AM »

Thanks Daniel.  How slow is very slowly?

What if I can't mix in the emails?  I am more interested in knowing how much my reputation may be affected by sending lists that have 50% invalid addresses...like how much does that factor into the equation?  Also, I am not sending to the largest mail servers, mostly smaller servers.

CaLViN

• Hasan Kurtoglu
    • PowerMTA Administration Service
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2011, 12:49:33 PM »

Hi,
Bounces wont have a big affect on your reputation when considered to junks or complaints but having many bounce addresses on your list may result in being throttled for a while which means a slow delivery.

Professional PowerMTA Administrator - Deliverability Expert

Contact me for Consultancy needs!

fecdirect

« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2011, 11:13:13 AM »

Hello,

If you continue mailing to same bounce ids, with same IP, then the IP will surely go in spam.

Thanks
fecdirect

VIN786

« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2011, 04:07:40 PM »

Depending on your process and system, you may want to have a global list with all hard bounces, and everytime you send out a mailing check against that hard bounce list. If you keep sending to the same hard bounced aliases again and again then mayeb time to hit the beach!

finepublications

« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2012, 09:23:40 AM »

Hi,
  It depends Upon ISP. Every ISP having tolerance.For example aol will accept 0.3% bounce perday ,If it exsit more than that your may goes to spam.