PowerMTA Support Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

PowerMTA 5.5r1 is out!!!!  Please contact support@port25.com for a license and download access.

Author Topic: Mail-friendly Datacenters  (Read 37402 times)

jdrummer

Mail-friendly Datacenters
« on: March 02, 2009, 05:35:00 PM »

Can anyone recommend any mail-friendly datacenters that will announce our IP blocks? We have a /22, two /23s and a /24. We are looking to diversify from our current provider and setup PowerMTA at a new location.

Thanks

John

holyearth

Re: Mail-friendly Datacenters
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2009, 07:27:36 PM »

Care to mention your current provider? I have 5 /23's but you and I may have the same provider  ;) ....

jdrummer

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2009, 01:56:00 AM »

holyearth,

We had been using a rented server (dedicated) from a provider that my sales person Claire Merkel mentioned but we had several disagreements with them, and they were also very expensive. We are now hosted locally and I couldn't be happier. If you have your own IPs to bring, they will broadcast them. Let me know if you're interested. For 3U, 3mbit of bandwidth, 3 power drops and 5 network drops, they are charging us $445/mo. The 3u is 3 servers (not one server that is 3U or 1 server 1u and 1 server 1u or anything). I can refer you in. They don't have any servers for rent so you have to provide your own, but they have five different bandwidth providers coming in to the building and you are provided access to them all for redundancy. There is Qwest, AT&T, Cogent, Level3 and some other one.

We're not currently using PowerMTA there but instead a homebrewed solution. Send hardware that will run PowerMTA and they will host it and broadcast the IPs. The bandwidth is burstable to a gigabit if your network card can take it :-).

Who are you using? Feel free to private message me and we will chat further.

Thanks,

John

otane

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2009, 05:08:18 PM »

I can't private message. Can you tell me where you host your servers and I can give them a call? i am spending way too much money for
mine.

holyearth

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2009, 12:21:19 PM »

Hey jdrummer,

I can't pm you as well. Could you try clicking on the "envelope" icon under my screenname. That should give you my e-mail address....

Thanks

moonsoft

« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2009, 11:12:37 PM »

We have a datacenter here in TX that is marketing friendly.  If you have questions please let me know

-Aaron

jdrummer

« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2009, 01:48:50 PM »

moonsoft -- can you drop me an email, instant messenger name, or phone number? There is no way for me to message you here.

Thanks!

CaLViN

• Hasan Kurtoglu
    • PowerMTA Administration Service
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2010, 03:43:34 PM »

Are you sending newsletters ? or optin transactional emails ?

Professional PowerMTA Administrator - Deliverability Expert

Contact me for Consultancy needs!